To provide technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
To work, as directed by the Team Leader, to deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans.
To manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective & efficient seamless service provision, as required by the level of the role.
To provide any required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity
Help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
Diagnose faults within technical systems and take appropriate action, escalate (as per appropriate level) ensuring proper recording, investigation and identification.
Maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
Technically support the operation and control of the ICT infrastructure required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the alliance (as per skill level requires).
To be familiar with and support the aims and objectives of the team, department, contributing to the overall vison of the directorate and organisation.
To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
On-call commitment, where required.
Security level: Management Vetting
• ICT (Level 5) professional qualification or equivalent ICT qualification
• Professional Management qualification (Level 5), or equivalent
• ITIL certification in IT Service Management, or similar
• Significant knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications their use and application.
• Substantial knowledge, acquired through hands-on experience, in a specialist technical support environment for both hardware and software.
• Vast experience working within physical and virtual teams, helping to manage work loads
• Substantial experience in problem solving, solutions development and system management.
• Significant experience of supporting a diverse user base on both hardware and software related issues.
• Complex issue triage, problem investigation and coordination to closure including major incidents.
• Significant experience of Microsoft Products, Network, VMware, Storage and Back-up, Storage and various OS environments
• Ability to drive complex application recoveries in a high pressured area.
• A positive “can do” attitude and flexibility in taking on a broad range of IT responsibilities and tasks at short notice.
• A commitment towards delivery quality customer service to internal and external customers.
• Ability to remain calm and controlled and maintain high performance within a mission critical service delivery environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work within a multi-discipline team responsible for supporting key technologies.
• Requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to apply new ICT innovations to the alliance environment & make recommendations
• Demonstrable flexible approach to work, high level of self-motivation
• Ability to manage the implementation of system upgrades, working with other ICT technical staff, business users and 3rd party suppliers.
• Ability to quickly absorb and understand the technical aspects of any new ICT technologies.